New cover for Simon Cup's Box

I was really attached to the original cover to this book. I'm quite attached to Simon Cup to be honest. When I first started writing him, I had no idea that he was going to turn out to be such a hero. He was clumsy and inept in such a slapstick way, it was really hard not to warm to him.

Similarly with the cover. It was the first cover I designed using a combination of GIMP and Serif DrawPlus and it took a couple of months and was a real labour of love.

Indeed, FrenchBookWorm, who is now Frenchie, an Amazon Top 1000 reviewer, said that it was a good cover for an autistic child. I've thanked her in the acknowledgements for her kind words. But ultimately I felt it was time to move on.

The new cover,


shows Simon Cup opening a magical box - which is what the story is about after all. I have purchased the image from the excellent website: 123rf.com 

I often wonder how the subject will feel if he ever sees himself on this cover. Pleased, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Please feel free to leave your comment here