NaNoWriMo: A new approach for me...

Every year I've taken part, I've sat down to write a coherent story from start to finish. This can be hard at the best of times, but given the short timescale of Nano, i.e. one month, it can become a Herculean task.

One year, I had poor Bruno Penny listen to the radio for a few hours while I decided what happened next. There were a few more Duran Duran songs in the original manuscript!

This year, I'm approaching it from a completely different angle.

Sorry, got a bit side-tracked reading JulianDutton's hilarious tweets! Everyone's a winner.

The different angle is that I will write the scenes as they come into my imagination in as much detail as possible. And then link them all up at the end during the edit.

I just hope that there will be 50K words in it this way.

This could all go horribly wrong, or... let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Please feel free to leave your comment here