What is a Review?

 A review is what you thought of the book.

Prompted has 2 reviews currently!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/customer-reviews/R1UVCDBQ3UL5K/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0CNRGTWLX


Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 September 2024

A wonderful collection of short stories. Dib in and choose from sci fi,mystery,humour,sorrow,romance, 
fantasy- there is something for everyone. Each story is intriguing and compelling, "prompted " by a 
selection of unrelated words. Who would have thought that " Ben and the Pen of the World" would 
emerge from the prompt, ( a long distance phone call, set in a city, an explosion), or that there 
was the possibility of a story inspired by ( banana bread, petting zoo, action) !
Anila Syed is an amazing storyteller with an equally amazing imagination.

and this one:


Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 25 September 2024
Anila Syed is my favorite short story writer ever. Never read a short story collection as extraordinary
 as this one. Extraordinary in its depth and sensitivity, and yet, able to surprise you with the originality
 and variety of the
themes and characters. I particularly love Black Kitten, The Drive Home, How to Rob a Candy Store
 and Where Superheroes Go To Die. It's the third time I read this book and I highly recommend it.
 I eagerly await a new collection soon!

I'm pasting them here for you to enjoy!

You can write anything you like in your review: it doesn't have to be a literary masterpiece or
 even a critique of the writing!
It is really only what you, yourself thought of the book.
"I liked this book" is a good review.
"I liked this book because..." could be a better review.
"I liked this book because it reminded me of a book I read when I was at school." 
"I think people who like Ursula Le Guin, would like this book."

You can write anything you like.
and it really helps the author for more reasons than you can imagine!
  1. It helps other readers to find a book they would enjoy.
  2. It helps the author publicise their book because Amazon and other marketplaces show that 
  3. book to potential audiences based on the reviews it has.
  4. It might even encourage your favourite author to write more books!
Write a review for a book you read today!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome!
Please feel free to leave your comment here, I really value your opinion!